Friday, October 24, 2008

Inspiration

Lately, I've been thinking about inspiration. I wasn't inspired to do anything for a long time, but as I come back, I want to be a bit better. I am finding inspiration from various sources, some surprising, some less so. I am reading Alice Waters and Chez Panisse, and I am obsessed. I haven't eaten at the landmark, but I might have to make the pilgrimage. Alice was inspired by some time in France, which got me thinking that DH and I should probably definitely start planning our own girls-only-bff-30th-birthday-trip RIGHT THIS SECOND. I want to shop flea markets in Paris and get lost in lavender fields in Provence. Most importantly, we need to eat la cuisine de marche.


I've had an inspiration photo taped to my back door for about a year. it shows a lovely paved patio and a luxurious seating area. Well, i'm proud to say that as I type, our back yard is being transformed. Everyone is invited to our backyard opening party. Invites will go out soon.


tinymuse left behind 2 binders filled with magazine pages that inspired her. Although i have subscriptions to all of the same magazines, looking through EM's clippings reminds me to pay attention to the details and to keep searching for inspiration wherever I go.

2 comments:

  1. this is a beautiful entry abb

    ReplyDelete
  2. reading "my life in france" by jules did the same thing to me. one day...can't wait to see your backyard when i visit in november. xoxo

    ReplyDelete