Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Cold Brewed Iced Coffee, or the best thing to happen this summer

Sometimes, in the evening, do you ever sit on the couch and think that you should get up and program your coffee maker so you have fresh coffee in the a.m., but the thought of actually getting up and grinding the coffee and measuring the water and probably cleaning out the old filter, is just way too much for you? Happens to me all the time. Last night was one of those nights. I knew I was going to want a.m. coffee, but since it's iced coffee time, I debated making a pot at night and then just sticking the carafe in the fridge so that it would be ready for me when I was running out of the house.

Somewhere in the cobwebs of my brain, I remembered that last year, jessica mae was very excited about CBIC and since she screened my call, I turned to the interwebs for answers. I wasn't surprised when I found what I was looking for on Smitten Kitchen.

Seriously, you guys, this COULDN'T BE EASIER. And so delicious and really better than hot-coffee-chilled-in-the-fridge. And I get to use my own beans. And it requires NO cleaning out the filter. And I am still going after leaving my house at 6.15 a.m. and working all day and going to yoga.

Cold-brewed iced coffee (from Smitten Kitchen) - Makes 2 16 oz servings
8 tbs ground coffee (or 2/3 cup)
4 cups of water

Pour could water into 4 cup measuring cup. Add ground coffee. Put measuring cup in the fridge over night. In the morning, strain the liquid gold and enjoy over ice, with CSA milk and VT maple syrup. Drink with a straw. Be thankful that you won't have to clean out another coffee filter this summer.

*image of delicious looking coffee comes from a blog that you totally want to check out

5 comments:

  1. That is basically how you do if you are kind of a big deal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to try this recipe tonight! I think Mich will appreciate this recipe, now she won't have to listen to the grinder in the am:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have a batch in the fridge right now. i'll let you know how it turns out my guess? delish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ab, you have revolutionized my coffee drinking experience.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm trying it riiiight now. amazing.

    ReplyDelete