Thursday, December 25, 2008

one little, two little, three little linzertortes

This will be a quick post so I can get back to the festivities (i.e. eating and drinking) but I wanted to share something that has been a Christmas tradition on the German side of my family since way back before I was born: Linzertorte!



My Oma made at least one of these every year while I was growing up and to me it's just doesn't feel like Christmas until I am eating a slice. This year, in the spirit of trying to learn the recipes I grew up with, I decided that I needed to learn how to make them. Little did I know that volunteering to make it meant I would be recruited to make three of them! There was a definite learning curve but I have to say, I think they turned out very pretty and judging by the already half eaten one on the counter, totally delish! I think Oma would be proud.




the recipe varies with every family, but in our family, the crust is made of hazelnuts, with some whiskey (of course!) and filled with raspberry jam. yum!


So happy holidays from the ladies of ABB. I hope everyone is having a happy, healthy, food and love filled holiday! Now go eat another cookie!

1 comment:

  1. Your Oma would be so proud of you. These are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete