Thursday, December 4, 2008

tarting it up

And the circle is complete! I want to give a shout out to ab and dh for making the brilliant decision to take on rkm and myself, because - really? What's better than two women sharing their insight into how to make the little things a bit better? That's right. Four women sharing their wisdom. Now onto the good stuff.

One of the things that always makes my life a bit better is good food. A few weeks ago, rkm sent me an email with nothing but this link in the body of the email. I clicked on it, and as soon as the picture popped up, I knew I had to have it. After a quick consultation with rkm, she suggested adding some fresh cranberries in order to cut the sweetness. That rkm, she’s always good for a suggestion on how to tart it up a bit.

It came out totally delish, made a bit better with some fresh whipped cream, and would be a great addition to any holiday table, or even just to sit in your fridge while you slowly eat the entire thing in two days while no one is watching and then go renew your membership to the gym. But I wouldn't know anything about that.


As I said before, this recipe didn't call for cranberries, I just threw a half cup or so of cranberries in with the apples, or really, until it looked pretty, because we all know it's about the looks.

5 comments:

  1. yumdelish, wish you were here to share it with fellow gym no-goers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 things:
    a) love the strategically placed pinecones and leaves

    b) when I lived in Belfast, my friend Lisa and I stayed in one night and smoked cigs and drank wine and watched a BBC documentary called "Granny was a Tart". Or something equally amazing. It was about how all of the women stayed satisfied during WWII while their men were fighting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. tarts know tarts. you're hilarious:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. my wife is a tart and she stays satisfied

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope my grandmother wasn't on that bloody show.

    ReplyDelete